Monday, June 1, 2009

Meet Justin

Hi, I am interning with the Cultural Alliance until September 2009. This summer with the Alliance I am working on the development of a joint services plan for our core members. I am also working with the Field Museum on crafting a civic engagement program for our members.

I graduated in May 2009 from Columbia University in New York City with a B.A. in History. Over the past summers, I have worked with the National Endowment for the Humanities in its Federal-State Partnership office and also with the Illinois Humanities Council. With the IHC, I compiled a resource database that was used in the Council’s 2008-2009 year-long series All Consuming: Conversations on Oil and Water.

In October, I will start at Oxford University, pursuing M.Phil and D. Phil degrees in early modern European history. My main scholarly interests are in seventeenth-century English cultural and intellectual movements, particularly the relationship between literary history and gender relations.

Away from academia--and trying as much as possible not to sound like a Lonely Hearts ad—I scuba dive and play club-level tennis. And, owing to Chicago’s active summer life, my cultural calendar while I’m here will certainly be full!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online